Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nine

I just wanted to let you all know that I accomplished something that will rocket me into the next part of my life. I passed my National Certification Exam for Massage Therapy!!! Which means, I can get my license! Which means I can get a job, and make some money!!!! And when I have money I can eat!! And when I can eat, I can write. And I do want to keep writing.

The best part about working, though, is being independent from my parents,who've been supporting me since birth. They pay for the condo in Atlanta, my gas, and groceries. I'm only 19 so I don't feel bad about still needing them, but we're going through tough times in our personal finances and with our family business. So I really feel compelled to help wherever I can. My cousin and I help out at the restaurant -Ponko Chicken- four days a week, for less than minimum wage. This was my first job; I've been working since 1999, and although I think my wages were higher when I was ten, I am more than happy to help my family because they are my world.

But I am super excited about finally stepping into one of my callings and being paid for soemthing I love to do, and I'm even more excited to be able to support myself and maybe even help the parents with some bills. What could be better?

So I'll be looking for a job at a spa in Atlanta. Any suggestions, you massage junkies? Let me know!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing the test and being able to get the license and finally EAT. We all can appreciate the ability to eat when needed.