Monday, September 29, 2008

Six (dollars)



I slept until 4 p.m. today. So naturally I wanted to get out of the house. I considered going to Lenox Mall, but the daunting $6 in my wallet stopped me. So instead, I found myself at Starbucks on 7th and Peachtree, which is walking distance from where I call home (I didn't walk). $6 at the mall can get me.... alotta nothin' .... BUT $6 at Starbucks can make a girl feel like a real baller(ette) when the money is spent well. 
The possibilities are endless:
1 grande Iced Tea and a cinnamon scone OR  1 coffee cake and 2 old fashioned doughnuts, OR a Venti Chai Tea Latte and a 7 layer bar OR a Tall Iced Caramel Macchiato and 3 mini Vanilla Scones. Decisions, decisions. 
I finally decided on an unsweetened Black Iced Tea + one and a half Sweet'n'Lows, nixing the Cinnamon Scone (I'm not doing sugar or flour).  I usually opt for the simple things at Starbucks, mostly because refills are $0.54!! And you know what I found out? If you have at least $1 on a Starbucks gift card, refills are free! I happen to have six cents on mine, so I'll wait 'til another day to whip it out because I can't afford to give up another dollar. 

After I grabbed my tea, I grabbed a seat outside. I was happy I'd chosen Starbucks rather than the mall because I saved gas, I could sit outside and enjoy the cool, breezy weather, and I was front and center to the symphony of speeding Range Rovers, chatting passersby, and the woman next to me coughing with a mucilaginous cadence . Ya just can't get that at the mall!! 

And for you ol' folk:
Baller:
1.living large with girls and money. 2. the act of being fly or cool.

2 comments:

{{the comic book kid}} said...

yo...i'm loving the blog...its nice short sweet and tasty...lol...keep up the good work...i'm lovin' it...like...well lets not go there..lol

Anonymous said...

Cute blog, love your refill tip. I'm going to but a buck back onto my Starbucks card. Does that go for ANY
drink or just coffee?