Friday, September 26, 2008

Five




If God ever decided that He wanted all the holiness and majesty of heaven to be readily available for human consumption, I truly believe that He would choose a fish. But not a fish of proud origins or a fish with celebrity like the Salmon, Grouper, or Sea Bass. Oh no! I believe the Lord Our God would choose the lowly, humble Cod..... more specifically the Gindara- Kasu from Hashiguchi Jr.- a gem of a restaurant, and my favorite spot for authentic Japanese food.
 
There are NO words to describe my excitement when the waitress (from Japan!!) delivers me a piece of sake-soaked Cod no more than 4oz. in weight. Each bite makes me dance in my seat (I dance for no one!), and it's not uncommon for me to order two. I can honestly say that no other food in the world (so far) makes me quite as happy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arin you get better every post. I am so proud of you. Did I tell you I forwarded your blog to co-workers and they all love it. Keep it up, love Big Daddy Woo Woo.

Anonymous said...

mmm, looks as good as you make it sound. Beautiful, artistic presentation and I can see why you order two.
Will have to try this Hashiguchi Jr. , maybe if I tell
them you sent me, they'll "comp" you an order of Gindara-Kasu. Thanks, Bon Appetit