Monday, November 9, 2009

Twenty-Four


This blank page has been haunting me everyday that I've neglected to write because I have been struggling with owning the title of "writer." It's kind of like that conversation in a new relationship when usually the guy doesn't want to "place titles" on anything. The "you know, let's keep it casual" speech for fear of premature commitment and emotional seriousness.... blah blah blah. I've never personally had that conversation because my attitude in relationships is deeply rooted in a go for it, willy-nilly doctrine. That's probably why I've been so successful with Love<<<<>. But it has been hard to find a worthy topic to write about lately due to my aforementioned "commitment issues" with writing. I'm finally having that conversation. Will I place a title on this back-and-forth relationship with writing despite my fear of it failing? Can I trust myself to be faithful? Will I commit despite my insecurities and hang-ups?

Perhaps I should apply my go for it attitude for this love affair as well. I guess my affair with writing is just like any other: it can soar or sink. I can only hope it lasts longer than my longest relationship, the duration of which shall remain private! Fingers crossed, it will last a lifetime.





1 comment:

Jimi Cravity said...

you're a NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER in my book....