Thursday, April 2, 2009

Twenty-Two


Holeman and Finch Public House...... Go there. Eat, drink, be merry. No reservations needed. As a matter of fact, no reservations accepted. Appetite and adventurism, however, are necessary. Speechlessness and awe WILL attend every taste of the Egg and pancetta Carbonara- The best bowl of pasta I've ever had. 
The Chicken liver pate and sweet pickled tomato.... divine 
The pork belly and collard greens and the Maitake mushrooms and polenta made me dance,
The glazed Hakurei turnips changed my life,
The gratin of Marrow and the Veal Frites opened up my world and introduce new texture and flavor to my palate

And it's all jump-started and punctuated with H&F's own bread to sop and soak every drop of anything that can be sopped or soaked..... You want to talk about overwhelming, tear-encouraging food, real food that changes peoples' palates and respect and reverence for the art of food.... 

I fail to capture the true description of the dishes and the true emotions they conjured, but when there are no words, what do you write?
Please eat here, and experience this speechlessness for yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, adding you to my blog roll. Keep writing and good luck!

FnS.