Friday, February 27, 2009

Nineteen

My role model took me shopping last week. No, unfortunately not for the latest spring fashions (even though I would settle for the last year's fall fashions), but more importantly, for groceries, which my apartment is in dire need of. My mom is a super hero, and I hope to be half the mother and wife, and just all around woman she is.  I love you mom.... believe it. 
She has an arsenal of money-saving super-powers.... she calls them coupons. I plan to employ their powers soon, as soon as I get some money. 
With culinary ambitions in mind, we bought a whole chicken, fresh fennel, and red potatoes all to roast with olive oil and fresh garlic. We bought 3 cartons of strawberries (Publix is having a sale on delicious scrawberries, you should GO) for a fresh scrawberry cake. All of which, I have yet to create. But I definitely will be roasting some pollo this coming week, and I'm so grateful for a supportive set of parents, and a mommy that will still buy me toothpaste and lady's razors. 

So look for recipes and pictures of chicken and cake soon. Right here. On your favorite blog about a single girl who loves food. *wink*

2 comments:

Jimi Cravity said...

skrawberry cake sounds skrumptous...lol...Its a blessing to have super-hero moms!!

Anonymous said...

safe and sound? xoxo